Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Power of Positive Imagination


It is of the Holiest of alliances when we use our imagination to see the highest and best in others. This not only frees us from the rebounding effect of our own human judgment, but frees others from the prisons of their self-judgment as well. How can you truly love someone when you are seeing him as being flawed in any way? All spiritual healing is self-healing, first.

To put it in a more practical way, when I become aware of someone with issues, I have to get to the place of experiencing that those "issues" are a lie about the son or daughter of God. However I do this does not matter, and will vary, depending on what state of awareness I happen to be in at the time.

I have recently been working with the methods of the Hawaiian healer, Hew Lin, who had some success healing patients while he was working in a mental hospital. He would hold the "patient" in his mind's eye, and say to him mentally, "I love. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you." He would do this over and over until he felt better about the person, which was his signal that his work was done.

"Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison."
Matthew 5:24-26

It should be noted that any thought or feeling that takes us away from our own peace of mind should be considered as an adversary.


No comments:

Post a Comment